The failure of calories in, calories out?


Originally on CalorieCount:

Okay, so over the weekend, when I ate a lot, I lost 1kg. Great. Now I'm back on my 1000kcal a day regime, okay, maybe a tiny bit over by like 30kcal, but anyway, I'm back to eating strict. I even got out the scales and measure everything exactly now, where before I would just measure with my eyes. I gain 3dkg a day. What?

Isn't loosing weight supposed to be about calories in, calories out? I'm supposed to burn almost 1500kcal a day just by existing. Then I added what I normally move about in a day and that's an extra 200-300kcal if I don't go exercising. I also belly dance on some days, which is an extra 447kcal / class. So, I'm supposed to have a calorie deficit of about 700-1100kcal a day on weekdays! So why am I gaining? And I only eat 3 pieces of small cookies a day, 32kcal each, no other sugar added. Otherwise I'm eating vegetables, dairy and whole grains. So what the heck??? I should be shedding pounds at alarming rate, not gaining.

Popular posts from this blog

Online dating, Reading, Scotland

Belly Dancing Event, Old Pics and ARASHI

Vienna, belly dancing festival and other things